Starry-Eyed....In My Bubble

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. ~Ernest Hemingway

My bubble is pure serenity. No world news, no politics, no drama, no weighted burdens.

This is why I purposely like to stay in "my bubble" as much as possible. The more I learn about life and especially the lives of those around me, the more worldly I become. Seeing the true grit and reality of it all-it is so depressing. The more I know the less secure I feel. Then I want to retreat to my bubble more that ever.

I am not anywhere near naive, just ridiculously jealous of those who are. Longing to be ignorant and blissful.

"Times have changed and so have I. I once was young and starry-eyed. Now I have these bittersweet memories." ~The Wreckers

On a more personal level, this is especially why I despise with every bit of my being having to act as the "Designated Driver!" I do not want to hear the darkened allies of your life that you would not be pouring to me if you were sober. Honestly, you will likely not remember you weighed me down and laid it all out and I will not be able to forget your seemingly secret anguish.

I want to be there for those nearest and dearest. I will go out of my way to appease you, if my assistance can bring any relief. But unsolicited, unnecessary weight is really not appreciated... it merely puts little holes is my once untouched bubble.

4 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    I want a bubble.

    February 26, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

  2. Jennifer Carter said...

    You can have hers. She doesn't need it anymore. Really!

    February 27, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

  3. Priscilla said...

    Are you trying to sell off my bubble?

    February 28, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

  4. Jennifer Carter said...

    No. I'm offering it to someone who would use it and fill it up with useless information, then give it back to you for your pleasure!

    February 28, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment