Conscience keeps more people awake than coffee.

I despise those nights where you wake up every two hours, or so. Your mind is filled with all the things you "should have," "could have," or "would have" done or said. Like at two o'clock in the morning you are actually going to be able to do anything productive to reach a state of resolution....

Still, you remain awake to contemplate the previous day or days, then soon find it is time to get up and begin another. I am yawning this morning, no more clear on life than I was last night, but I surprisingly still have a pleasant demeanor and that is really as much as I could hope for at the moment.

There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. ~French Proverb

I wish everyone restful, thoughtless sleep throughout their week!

2 Rants:

  1. black betty said...

    brain...turn...off...NOW!!!!! man, i hate those nights! ;)

    April 22, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

  2. From the Doghouse said...

    But when daylight comes, "Oh, you wanted me to turn off? Fine!"

    click.

    There goes your day.

    April 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment