"...one sad truth in life..."

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox



Like she said: sad, but true. Why is this?

We take for granted those people that are in our lives daily. When I see an acquaintance I have not seen in a while, I am quick to embrace them. But my dearest friend that I see on an hourly basis, I can not say we hug regularly at all. When really, those are the people whom you should give your most to.

Hug your best friend today damn it! Because when you need it the most, they will be the ones there for you with open arms! Just don't wait until you are truly down to realize it. I am going to be far more conscious of this.

1 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    Out of sight, out of mind is way too easy for way too many people.

    May 5, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment