Pay attention to ME!

God be with the population of only children. We have bad reps for not always "playing well with others...."


It is not that we are cruel or purposely selfish people, we are just used to having our way because- well, we were the only ones around! And, please bare with us as this just is not a habit or lifestyle change that happens overnight when you become a big girl and have to play in the real world....... so sometimes life's not always the bowl of cherries we had become so well accustomed to and we attempt to adjust accordingly (even though we grit our teeth and long for the glory days).


Sometimes that little 'center of attention' bug comes back to bite, creating the instant urge to scream "Pay attention to ME!" Though I may try to fight it, I still occasionally long to bask in my own personal spotlight..... (sigh)

3 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    As an only, I'm with ya.

    September 17, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

  2. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    I'm with ya and I wasn't an only one.

    September 17, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

  3. black betty said...

    shoot, my brother HOGGED the attention b/c he was so dang B.A.D. he took up most of my mother's time, so i'm used to getting the short end of the stick... :P

    September 17, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment