You might be from Oklahoma if:

Little Miss Rorie has been MIA, but with good reason. My best friend from middle school took her vacation to fly down to see me. We were both Oklahoma girls once, mid-western and simply fabulous! But I have now fallen back into the role of a southern belle, pure Mississippi girl and I was very delighted to give her a taste of the "dirty south."

Culture Shock is an appropriate phrase. Poor Annie, I made her try all of the things that were oh so new to me when I first arrived here......

You might be from Oklahoma if: you have never had catfish, turnip greens, craw fish or sweet tea. This may surprise some, but these delicacies are not readily available or a regular part of an Oklahoman's diet. One meal we shared, I realized EVERYTHING was fried. I was used to this, but remembered not everywhere is so "fry" happy! She was a great sport though and very open minded about putting all of these things in her mouth. Even eating part of "the little red thing with eyes!"

During her stay, she only mentioned a couple of times that some people "talked funny." Even I, myself had gained quite an accent. But, I will give it to her, we as a community have a distinct drawl. And Oklahoman's have absolutely no accent at all.

Then, we drove to the beach.... there is a huge lake in Oklahoma with some sand around the edge and I have witnessed people refer to this as the beach. NO! We went to the real beach, Gulf Shores bound!!! ROADTRIP!!!! But that adventure is a whole other story for another day.....

4 Rants:

  1. Jennifer Carter said...

    She was fun.

    June 17, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

  2. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    I think I saw you guys out...she is very adorable.

    Looked like you were enjoying yourselves.

    June 17, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

  3. From the Doghouse said...

    We want beach pictures!

    June 18, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

  4. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    I have one, in case she doesn't want to share.

    June 18, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment