Do not COUGH and DRIVE

I would like to know why every time I get stopped at a road block on my exit (simply trying to get home to put my pretty little head on my own personal pillows), one of the ignorant BPD officers always says, "Ms. Rorie, HOW much have you had to drink tonight?"

Not simply, "Ms. Rorie, have you had anything to drink tonight?" But, "HOW much?"

WTF!?!!? Is this protocol? Or do I just look like that much of an alcoholic? I mean really......


So last night, 12:30ish, I am merely going home, and this tub of lard with a badge and an attitude wants to be all cocky with his questions: "Where you coming from tonight Ms. Rorie"

"A friend's house, Mr. Officer..." At this point of close contact, I regretted moments earlier removing the strapless bra cutting off my circulation..... then he waddles away with my ID... what are you really studying on that thing for so long? Counting the number of freckles I have in the picture?

Then came the infamous question I wait for....."HOW much have you had to drink tonight?"

Being ill, tired, naturally sarcastic, and particularly fond of this group of intellects, I stated: "I had a shot of cold medicine around 8:00 pm, Officer!"

"Ma'am you know you don't need to drink that while driving right?"

Seriously, I am no investigator, but let us do some observations... the medicine bottle (though oddly shaped like a flask) was not open between my legs and the time I gave you was 4.5 hours ago......Don't you have something, anything, better to be doing than poorly instructing me when to swig my DayQuil and operate heavy machinery Dr. Officer!?!?!?

6 Rants:

  1. Rachel said...

    you know you had something else in that medicine bottle.

    July 28, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

  2. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    Yeah...and something else between your legs too!

    July 28, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

  3. Supermom said...

    is that a flask in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

    July 28, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

  4. From the Doghouse said...

    Maybe he saw you removing said bra and that's why he stopped you.

    July 29, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

  5. AM said...

    Shouldn't be drinking all that mouthwash and sucking on penny's..the piggy bank next to you is a dead give away!!

    I once had a cop not only ask where is was coming from but also where I was going....(not to hit on me either) I think he was a serial killer.

    July 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

  6. Priscilla said...

    Rachek- shhhh....!

    MMP- pssshhhhhhhaaaa!

    Supermom- always happy to see you!

    Doghouse- I hadn't considered this..

    Alice- Yuck to the pennies! They are bitter! Them cops so nosey...!

    July 30, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment