"One Love"

In the midst of my personal love lost, I am not bitter at all. I am not saying it would not be easy to become bitter, but I see true love all around me and I know it does exist.

One glowing example is my best friend from Oklahoma, Annie. We have been best friend's since the 7th grade and have shared many trials and tribulations. When she came to visit me this summer we had a lot of time to talk about life and the stuff that really matters. I was introduced to her new love through pictures and stories and I saw the light in her eyes. It was nothing less than touching.

I got a call a few weeks back. My Annie is engaged. I am inspired by their love for each other. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding years ago and she has now asked me to serve as a bridesmaid in hers. I am thrilled. I have been the cake cutter, the wedding planner, and the bride... but never a bridesmaid! I have convinced myself it is because all other chicks were self-conscious that I would over shadow them on "their day." (Just go with it, it makes me feel better!) Anywho- I get to be "Pretty in Pink" (our dress color) and I am just tickled pink about it!

Annie, in her wedding planning stage, has entered David's Bridal's "One Love" contest. In her words exactly:

"Brandt and I entered a contest called "One Love" at David's Bridal where you can win free stuff (my dress, bridesmaids dresses, jewelry, etc.) In order to enter I had to make a collage of certain wedding items and write a short paragraph about how I knew he was "the one." It's all very cute and corny, but PLEASE vote for us so that we can possibly win some free wedding stuff. And if not for that reason, simply because most of the other collages are uglier than mine!"

Take 3 seconds to vote people!.... then again tomorrow and so on! True love exists and everyone knows free stuff is super fun!