Thank you, FRIEND!

I have 141 contacts in my cell phone. And I have more than that many "Myspace friends." But there are those times when you really need something and you are halfway through your contacts list before you come to the name of a person you think might be willing to assist. Amazing the number of "friends" we have versus mere acquaintances.


A while back I walked out of my house with an armful of various items, unlocked my car, threw the items down in my passengers seat and proceeded to start my car. Nothing. It wouldn't turn over at all. Ugh. What are my options......?


Call the fire department guys at the station right down the street to come assist? I am a former "Desperate Firehouse Wife" after all, but "former" makes all the difference- I won't even try that one!


Call the ex that I am still trying to be cordial with because he lives only a mile away?....actually I was naive enough to try this one! That didn't go over well, I got a "Sucks for you!" ....well, so much for being cordial!


My two best girlfriends each live -give or take- 30 minutes away.... and though I do know how to do the whole jumper cable thing, I was not even sure they would have any, because I sure didn't! And the majority of my other close friends are mommies, whom I did not want to inconvenience. My best guy friend was working out of town and the other good guy friends are off at college.


My closest family lives 3 hours away...SIGH... I was pissed, frustrated, and any other similar emotion with the realization that I was kinda on my own! So, I took a chance: I called and "aquantance" that happened to be a very good friend of my best girl-friend. He actually came to my rescue (and even though he laughed at me because I had left my car half-on and that is the reason it died) I am forever grateful. After all, it is funny situations that bring people closer -from the level of aquatance- together as friends.


I am very pleased that I thought to call him that night and thankful he was willing and able to come. Since then, he has proven to be quite an asset as a friend. It is nice at this time to have a reliable male I can count on to assist me in my various times of need. So, thank you, new found friend!

3 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    Sometimes bad things can lead to much better things!

    October 8, 2008 at 9:48 AM  

  2. Priscilla said...

    I am begining to see this!

    October 8, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

  3. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    AWWWWWWW...

    Good to have friends who have friends so they can become your friends.

    October 8, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment