Which comes first?

Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella


These days I have really contemplated the sanctity of marriage (a whole other ranting blog topic) and everything love related. This is one of those thought provoking "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" questions.

Are we drawn to people because of there outward appearance or are we drawn to their inner beauty and this gives us an effect of blinding love to see that they are outwardly pleasing?

From experiences thus far in life, I can tell some people (both sexes, this is not a femi-nazi rant) are not at all interested in the inner beauty at all. But for those actually interested in a relationship, where does the attraction initiate?

4 Rants:

  1. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    oh...wow...this is a good topic but I am afraid I cannot contribute knowledge.

    September 8, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

  2. From the Doghouse said...

    From a million different places ranging from "hey, that person's cute" to "hey, they're interested in the same weird thing I am."

    September 9, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

  3. black betty said...

    i knew i was attracted to rofarto when he made me laugh so hard i almost peed myself. yes, he's attractive (and that's a plus), but his calming effect and his humor keep me falling in love with him over and over...the inner beauty won me over.

    September 9, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

  4. Priscilla said...

    (sigh)

    September 9, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment