Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste. ~Brecht

Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste. ~Brecht

My sister-in-law goes into labor 5 1/2 weeks early....we get in the car bright and early to rush to be with family.....rush...grab jeans, grab shirt, put dogs up......ugh black shirt- now black shirt with lots of dog hair...whatever....rush....no time to straighten hair....frizz.....see the whole family to celebrate new birth, but probably look like death......

Husband's grandfather on his last days....rush to drive to be with him.....rush home from work...throw clothes in bag....what on earth did I pack to wear?.....Oh, don't forget medicine- and tissues-have sinus issues causing lovely red eyes, hence the lack of eye make-up...live in Mississippi= humidity= more hair frizz....rush....kinda sweaty now...really should change...not feeling my best physically, and a tad emotional on top of that...Ugh- am I about to start, too?...try not to get car sick....barf breath is ultimately unattractive....

I find myself concerned that the past few family gatherings, though both very impromptu, I have not looked or felt my best. But the moral of the story is: Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste. My presence at both occasions was far more important than my appearance. When we all look back nobody will remember that I was frizzy and laced with dog hair...but that we were all there together...not judging but leaning together.....

10 Rants:

  1. BB said...

    amen, sista!

    loves...

    October 22, 2007 at 8:03 AM  

  2. AM said...

    just have Matt show up in a tuxedo t-shirt to a wedding....you'll beg to differ...haha (j/k) You speak the truth. You can come over to my place after me having a baby looking like crapp, long as you take the baby....

    October 22, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

  3. Jennifer Carter said...

    BTW, they're still watching you!

    October 22, 2007 at 11:34 AM  

  4. Rachel said...

    people that truly love you don't really care what you look like...
    but don't wear like stone washed jeans around me cause i might have to laugh and point...
    :)

    October 22, 2007 at 12:55 PM  

  5. Webmaster said...

    So true. They probably just appreciated you coming.

    October 22, 2007 at 3:58 PM  

  6. Truvie said...

    If I'm dying, no one without lipstick will be admitted to hear the last words! Pass it along!

    October 23, 2007 at 10:12 AM  

  7. From the Doghouse said...

    If you're visiting someone who's been in the hospital for several days, there's always someone in the room who looks worse than you. And at least your clothes fasten in the back.

    October 23, 2007 at 1:05 PM  

  8. Anonymous said...

    I know I appreciated you being there, I had someone to talk to and look at pictures with!

    October 23, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

  9. AM said...

    All I know is if I get sick, you heffas better come in looking like you came from Park Ave. and you own the place so I'll get good service! hehe

    October 24, 2007 at 10:59 AM  

  10. Priscilla said...

    Doghouse, you took the thought from my mind! Those gowns, geez....

    Elise! Yea! We love those head boys and we gotsta stick togetha! MUAH!

    October 24, 2007 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment