Burn baby Burn

Let me make my general statement: I am a proud and generally supportive fire fighter's wife.

BUT, GEEZ.......there are fires in California. And....that is like saying there is ice in the arctic, bad teeth in Britain, mullets at the Wal-mart (for you Black Betty). We have come to expect these things and know them as the truth. Me so tired of seeing the same images of the smoke and same people talking about how happy they are that they have their pictures.....It is a repetitive repeation of not so new news. I am concerned about mankind and our four legged-friends. Really, I'm not totally heartless about the situation. If my house or pups were threatened by the flame, I would be a wreckage of emotions. Fires scare the candy corn out of me, honestly, but I am pleading with the media here....... When something new happens, please, by all means- let me know! Keep me abreast of the progress....Just stop showing me the same dern burnt cookie cutter houses, rescued horses in El Cajon, and smackety packed full shelters. I've seen them all twelve times in this 30 minute news session. By now I have their faces memorized as well as my own, we are BFF's!

Stop watching you say?....It is plastered 24/7....on every channel.....in every home and resturant....continuously ........ burn baby burn.......I have turned off my TV.......Let me know when CNN goes back to reporting on which celeb is most recently flashing their merry-go-round or which boxer dresses in drag......hmmmmph

8 Rants:

  1. BB said...

    merry-go-round...ha! :P

    October 25, 2007 at 6:25 AM  

  2. Jennifer Carter said...

    I have a Merry-Go-Round!

    But we had this talk last night over dinner. Cali always has fires. I hate it. It is sad. But not new!

    October 25, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

  3. Rachel said...

    i know what you mean. i was watching the jackson news this morning...and i told seth that if another place gets robbed or another person gets shot in south jackson...or they interview the manager of the steak escape that got held up...i am gonna BLOW UP!

    October 25, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

  4. Truvie said...

    I feel so bad for those people, but I know what you mean. When we lost the house in Katrina, even WE were tired of hearing about it after a few days. Merry-go-round...Ha!

    October 25, 2007 at 9:46 AM  

  5. AM said...

    "God save the queen"

    October 25, 2007 at 3:19 PM  

  6. Webmaster said...

    it's hard not to get desensitized, though. It's just constant, same thing, over and over. I'm praying for them, but you're right!

    October 25, 2007 at 4:54 PM  

  7. From the Doghouse said...

    One of the disadvantages of the 24-hour world we live in. If you've got nothing new, keep showing the old stuff. It's better than a blank screen.

    October 26, 2007 at 10:04 AM  

  8. AM said...

    I'm just burnt out!

    October 26, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment