Well, “little miss-priss” got a tattoo!

I don’t recollect how I felt about tattoos as I was younger. My grandfather had some from the navy- but that is what they did, and my female cousin, that I adore, has had a couple for a while. But, when my husband told me several years ago he wanted one, my only thought was “But what will our future kids’ friends’ parents think about us?” As if it would shoot us to a different class of people and change our personalities.

Well, “little miss-priss” got a tattoo!

However, I am a complex individual, and being the “me” that I am, I did a lot of thinking and a little consulting with those whose opinions I valued prior to the deed…. Mommy said- whatever you want to do, you are a big girl. Daddy said- you haven’t done too many stupid things in your life, if you need this one thing to feel like a rebel then so be it. I also sought anything from the bible. I know the body is a temple, but I am not going to be hypocritical enough to dye my hair, get fake nails, wear make-up and tan, and think a tattoo is defacing.

It was a personal choice and I went with. And, I am pleasantly surprised how many people I know have one/some too…. It is art.

So my husband and I have been inked for about 8 months and are still feeling good about it. My tattoo is on the top of my right, about the size of a dollar coin. It can be easily covered by shoes when professionalism is necessary, but oh so adorable with a strappy pair of sandals or pumps!

It seems that the days when tattoos were only for sailors and biker babes are gone. Today they have become pretty trendy…I will take no offense….What are your views on tattoos?

14 Rants:

  1. Jennifer Carter said...

    You so sessie wit yo little footie tattie!

    October 16, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

  2. Priscilla said...

    ahhh. shanks bumble bee!

    October 16, 2007 at 1:18 PM  

  3. BB said...

    i also think tats are art. i got mine when i was 19. i LURV it and will NEVER have it removed. it symbolizes freedom and choice and fun (for me). it was a time in my life i don't want to forget. when i see my tattoo, i remember....

    i'm thinking about another one, but i don't know what...hmmm....

    October 16, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

  4. BB said...

    btw, what do you think about me getting 'sleeves?' j/k

    October 16, 2007 at 1:23 PM  

  5. Priscilla said...

    I think you should get a tat of a box of wine on your upper thigh.......hmmmm. Or the lyrics to Black Betty...teehee...but whateva you get, I'll go witcha!

    October 16, 2007 at 1:41 PM  

  6. BB said...

    it's a date! :)

    October 16, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

  7. Dr. Wifey said...

    BB and I got our tats at the same time! Can you believe it has been 11 years, BB?? I remember my mom's reaction when she found out, "OMG, you're such a skank!" hahaha.

    October 16, 2007 at 3:25 PM  

  8. BB said...

    yeah, that's kind of what my mom said, too! ha! LURV it! i remember the really weird folk up in there...LOL!!!!!

    October 16, 2007 at 3:37 PM  

  9. Priscilla said...

    And just where did you crazy, skanky kids go?

    October 16, 2007 at 3:40 PM  

  10. Rachel said...

    i have one on my back...
    seth and i are getting another to celebrate 3 years of marriage...
    love em!

    October 16, 2007 at 5:05 PM  

  11. Dr. Wifey said...

    we got them done in Hattiesburg...oh, what was the name of that place?? but yes, there were some crunky people up in thar!

    October 16, 2007 at 9:54 PM  

  12. Priscilla said...

    Woo-hoo! I got mine at the ink spot on capiton and it is actually a really nice place.....lurv it!

    October 17, 2007 at 9:51 AM  

  13. AM said...

    I had always wanted one and was finally old enough. I don't regret it. I got in in a hidden but non-provacative place....great thing is when I get my tummy tuck it'll be gone and I'll get another in the same place!

    October 17, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

  14. Webmaster said...

    Yikes. ... no needles for me, thanks.

    October 17, 2007 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment