RIP Mr. Marc Kitty

Please let me begin by saying, I love animals. Love them! But incidents happen...and it is always good to have a friend there to support you through those incidents.......

This weekend at the very beginning of our "Girls Night Out," a black kitty kitty runs, NO, darts out in front of my car. This is a fairly quiet road now- nobody within sight in front of me, nobody behind.....the road was clear except for us, SO this damn feline was using me and my Ford to end his life! I tried my best to not aid this suicidal kitty...really I did all I could do......

Swerve-Bu-Bump. Urgghhhh. I was mortified. I AM NOT A CAT KILLER! (But I sort of am.) My gal pal had only been in the car with me for half of a minute and I have already committed cat-slaughter with my automobile. So many things going through my head.......JUST MORTIFIED! I said "I didn't mean to...OMG.....I am not a bad person...I can not believe I ran over him.....I promise." I stopped the car, looked back, and wishfully asked, "Is he getting up?" She consoled me and insisted there was nothing I could do. Pointed out it was dusk and he was black. She said that at least he was no longer a starving stray. She put a silver lining to the situation. Though tragic, It was not going to completely damper the evening. I thanked her. She explained that is what friends are for......ahhhh. Love me some friends- without her I probably would have teared up beyond vision and hit who knows what the rest of the way home.

We decided that since we were on Marquette Road, we would name the kitty Marc. -----RIP Marc-----
We shall honor him with a drink and verbal memorial: Mr. Marc Kitty, You were a dear cat with sleek legs and good taste in cars......sigh.

8 Rants:

  1. AM said...

    not right, helping that cat commit kitty suicide. I would have just given it poison instead of messing up my car.

    October 15, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

  2. Priscilla said...

    I know, I did not want to be "Dr. Catvorkian" at all, but really had no choice in the matter...another sigh...

    October 15, 2007 at 10:59 AM  

  3. BB said...

    meow, meow...LOL!!!!

    October 15, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

  4. Webmaster said...

    Guess the black cat crossing your path gave him bad luck instead of you. Don't fret ... it happens to the best of us.

    October 15, 2007 at 4:58 PM  

  5. Priscilla said...

    Guess so, Thanks sandi!

    October 16, 2007 at 8:36 AM  

  6. Rachel said...

    jess,
    i didn't know that you were so violent...

    October 16, 2007 at 8:39 AM  

  7. From the Doghouse said...

    That brings up an interesting point; if a black cat doesn't COMPLETELY cross your path, is it still bad luck (for you)?

    October 16, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

  8. Priscilla said...

    Well, doghouse....apparently not if you squash it.....maybe I can plead self defense against bad luck becuase I did not want to cross its path....hmmm. I think this is great!

    October 16, 2007 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment