Politically Correct

We are in the days of pressure to be constantly aware of political correctness. I do find it important to try your hardest not to purposely offend someone, but sometimes the politically correct terms or phrases are ever changing. Everyone has something that they are sensitive about, and you never know what you may say, unknowingly and unintentionally, to offend someone......I find it all trivial and hard to keep up with.


She is not ugly, she is under-attractive?
Are they Oriental or Asian?
The term disabled is now suppose to be differently abled?
Old or chronically advanced?
Torture is now to be referred to as extraordinary rendition?
Poor or financially unstable or economically marginalized?
Should failure now be non-traditional success? REALLY?
Prisoner= client of the correctional system? ....does it go that far?


Geez. Who knew public communication could get so complicated? I feel like I am generally a good person but need a friggin study guide and cheat sheet just to appease the masses. I probably also need my own personal censorship for when I do flub up, because I know I will. Foot in politically incorrect mouth.

For the record, I am not pale: I am pigmently impaired. I am not short, I am vertically challenged. I am not skinny, I have a slender body type. I am not a secretary, I am a Program Administrator! Get it straight!

8 Rants:

  1. Rachel said...

    it gets trying constantly keeping up with everything (i used to work at JPS)...i felt like i was always walking on eggshells. just don't offend me, k?

    November 14, 2007 at 8:08 AM  

  2. BB said...

    LOL!!! i just say whateva...don't worry about it. that causes wrinkles! hehehehehehe...xoxo

    November 14, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

  3. From the Doghouse said...

    I knew a guy in high school whose light bulb wasn't screwed all the way in. He told us one time that he had gained some weight; therefore he was no longer skinny, he was now thin.

    Being the kind, sensitive, politically-correct people that me and my friends were ... we collapsed in laughter.

    November 14, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

  4. Truvie said...

    LOL! And for the record... we're ASIANS!!! God, people! :)

    November 14, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

  5. Truvie said...

    You got that right! Aughhhhhhh! ( Doing it for you again)

    November 15, 2007 at 8:05 AM  

  6. Webmaster said...

    Heh. Try being a journalist.

    November 15, 2007 at 9:21 AM  

  7. From the Doghouse said...

    I've noticed that the good Southern phrase "Ugly as homemade sin" doesn't have a politically correct alternative.

    November 15, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

  8. Priscilla said...

    No, DH...but our southern phrases are glorious all the same!

    November 15, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment