God bless the haven that is Goodwill!

There is nothing like killing two birds with one stone (or if you have followed my blogs, I should rather use the analogy two cats with one car......). Anyway, I love Goodwill!

I get to dump all of my still usable goods (rule of thumb: if you wouldn't touch it if it weren't yours- throw it away, please no dirty donations!) that are cramping my home and style and give it to a place that turns this into a good cause....ahhh. Sigh. Closet vacancy and warm fuzzies, how can you beat that?

Before we knew it, we had accumulated a bag of linens, four bags of clothes, and finally decided to let go of a small hand me down computer desk that did not ever work in the room, and never had the computer on it anyway!.... And again, warm fuzzies. I have to remind myself to have a couple of warm fuzzies though, that I am doing a semi-good thing. Because, I get really consumed with the fact that I am actually getting rid of stuff and have the selfish ambition that one day my house will look like a picture perfect magazine home and not a storage unit!

Need some warm fuzzies? Donate something you haven't worn in over a year, but know someone else could cherish and sport with style.

6 Rants:

  1. BB said...

    i feel ya, girl. i take stuff to 'em at least twice a year (i do the happy dance afterwards)...but you're right, no stanky draws, PLEASE! :)

    November 12, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

  2. Dr. Wifey said...

    the tax credit is nice too...
    i am planning on gutting our house before i get a job and taking it all to Goodwill. closets, basement, office, bedroom, everything gutted!

    November 12, 2007 at 8:06 PM  

  3. Priscilla said...

    Stanky drawers be raw and a cruel gift to the awesome-hearted Goodwill workers....bb's got it= chunk em!

    "Gutted!" I like that term a lot!...I spent my weekend gutting......hmmmm.

    November 12, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

  4. AM said...

    ahhh!! another thing I need to do SOON.

    November 12, 2007 at 9:10 PM  

  5. From the Doghouse said...

    Good move; I need to do the same.

    BTW, feels good when you give a couch to someone from the Coast who just got out of their FEMA trailer.

    November 12, 2007 at 9:19 PM  

  6. Truvie said...

    Aughhhh! The FEMA trailer!!!... (sorry, still having flashbacks)

    Anyway, I love Goodwill! You don't have to haul it there, you know. They'll come and GET the stuff from your house! All you have to do is call them and leave it at the end of the driveway. They'll leave the tax slip in the mailbox. How fabby is that?

    November 13, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment