Don't you just love The Eagles?

The Eagles.....God bless them. I want to steal them and keep them forever, making them sing to me daily on command!

The Eagles Greatest Hits CD is a must for road trips (or simple rides to the grocery store) with my husband. This is one of the only groups we can both fully agree on. I love 80's music, country, pop and well, the firefighter does not! He listens to God awful noise that I am almost positive the devil himself despises...I picture Satan screaming "Turn that mess down!" to all of his little spawns...urrgg. Do not get me started on the crap hubby insists is MUSIC .....blaring every time I start my car after he has borrowed it....an instant Rorie pisser-offer. Anywho- back to The Eagles. They are fabulous!

How many other groups have produced so many fabulous songs? And been around so long?

June 24, 1972: The first of many hits -“Take It Easy.” The song reaches Number Twelve. Three months later, “Witchy Woman” — Number Nine.

March 1, 1975: “The Best of My Love” becomes the Eagles’ first #1 hit and million-selling single. Four more follow: “One of These Nights” (1975), “New Kid in Town” (1977), “Hotel California” (1977) and “Heartache Tonight” (1979).

January 12, 1998: The Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Jimmy Buffett as their presenter.

November 11, 1999: The Recording Association of America names the Eagles to its list of Artists of the Century, putting them in the elite company of the Beatles, Garth Brooks, Elton John, Elvis Presley and Barbra Streisand. It is also announced that ‘Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975’ has sold 26 million copies, making it the top-selling album of the 20th century.

WoW! They just performed their brand new single, "How Long," on the CMA's. The firefighter might be mortified to discover that The Eagles were on the Country Music Awards....but we will keep that little factoid between us. We will continue to let him think that they are strictly classic rock (such a versatile group!)....because If I have to listen to one more KORN song, I am going to take a NINE INCH NAIL and use it in a completely DISTURBED manner as a TOOL!

9 Rants:

  1. BB said...

    even though people laugh at me, i LOVE fleetwood mac and the notorious 'baaaahhh' of stevie nicks. (quit laughing, alice!)

    you're right...the eagles are awesome!

    p.s. i love the spawn music, but only when i'm MAD!!! :)

    November 7, 2007 at 8:35 PM  

  2. AM said...

    I love it all...from Josh Groban to Distrubed....Johnny Lang, Pat Benetar...and yes, even a whole lot of the goat sound we call Stevie Nicks...(I actually pulled out the Best O', today, BB!)

    Completely depends on my mood. ON a daily basis, I cycle between Keith Whitley, Sarah Mclachlan and Audioslave, & Live....oh yeah! Not to forget Gnarls Barkely....

    November 7, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

  3. Truvie said...

    I love, love, love the Eagles... and they're more that just a singing group. One time, in high school, I was about to cheat on my then boyfriend when "Lying Eyes" came on the radio. I didn't do it and I'm a better person today because of that song. The Eagles change lives!!! :)

    November 8, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

  4. Dr. Wifey said...

    Glad I am not the only one who finds my husband's music completely annoying! I just thought I was getting old. I can't listen to the same music I used to when I was a youngin'. I love me some Smashing Pumpkins, but I can no longer listen to a whole CD.

    November 8, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

  5. From the Doghouse said...

    When I first got married, I told my wife (repeatedly) that, if the Eagles ever got back together, we HAD to go see them in concert. A year later, the Hell Frozen Over tour came up. What concert tickets did I get? Freakin' Farm Aid!

    November 8, 2007 at 10:04 AM  

  6. Priscilla said...

    But how much would those pretty tickets cost? Though it would be grand!

    Truves- I am so glad you dont have Lying Eyes...

    Carter, you are not old, IT IS HIM!

    BB and Alice, let me know the next time you two need some spawn music- I know where I can get my hands on a CD case full of em!

    November 8, 2007 at 9:28 PM  

  7. Webmaster said...

    Sorry..."The Big Lebowski" killed the Eagles for me.

    November 12, 2007 at 4:45 PM  

  8. Truvie said...

    Oh, I had the "lying eyes"... just not that particular evening. Still, though...

    November 12, 2007 at 5:23 PM  

  9. Rachel said...

    i love HOTEL CA!

    November 12, 2007 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment