Do you have a Christmas Pickle?


The Christmas Pickle is apparently an American tradition, though some claim German (to make it sound more foreign-chic maybe?). Anywho- in this tradition, a family decorates its Christmas tree with ornaments including one glass pickle, hidden among the branches. On Christmas morning, the first child to find the pickle on the tree would get a special gift and would supposedly have a year of good fortune.

I do not have a Christmas Pickle, but nor do I have the apparently necessary kids for this tradition. Although, I can see it now: I playfully tell the firefighter to go look for the “Christmas Pickle,” he would be either really confused, or really turned on….not sure I wanna go there. I suppose I could get a real pickle and put it in my tree and let the pups go to town……hmmmm. This is a thought!

For anyone in a last minute present rut, everybody could use a Christmas Pickle! Better than a gift card, right Photog-Mama?

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas!

Eat a lot! Metabolism Meshmabolism! Enjoy your family and friends.

Rorie and the firefighter are greatly looking forward to Christmas with both of the families. The travel. The time OFF!
But of course, I will look forward to catching up with all my Graceful individuals upon our return.

Hope your stocking is full and Christmas list is fulfilled!

…………….And to all, a Goodnight!

2 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    Find the Christmas Pickle? I'm not even gonna go there ...

    But I hope you and yours have a fantastic Christmas!

    December 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

  2. Webmaster said...

    Merry Christmas to you, pickle or no. :)

    December 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment