If I could write a letter to me at 17

Ok, I totally jacked that phrase from a new Brad Paisley song, but really…..If I could write a letter to me at 17, I would say: “Wear your retainer you beautiful heffa!! Otherwise, four years from now, you will wish your teeth were still straight and want to kick your self in the rear……”

Yes. This is where I am at now. I have been to the orthodontist twice in the past month trying to figure out my options of how to get straight teeth again and not pay a fortune the second time around. Not to toot my own horn ::::toot toot:::: but my teeth were pretty dern perfect, after four years of braces, one would hope so. But- I graduated high school with that knock out smile, dropped that retainer, and went about my happy little life. Proud to report my top teeth are well trained and have stayed put. But those rebel bottom teeth are making me look hella British.
Now in a state of smile self-consciousness, I have decided to be a grown up and take whatever metal mouth fixer-uppers my fabby orthodontist decides to thrown my way……

My only FEAR: If I have to get braces again, it would be just my luck I would get knocked up at the exact same time and then totally get mistaken for a Jamie Lynn Spears wanna-be. I would have to stop wearing shoes all together, just to create the whole “look.”

I’ll keep you updated, because after all what could be more exciting than the adventures of Rorie’s mouth!

4 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    I'll get you the "Zoey 101" shirt to wear.

    January 10, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

  2. Supermom said...

    doghouse, you'd actually depart with it? =)

    January 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

  3. From the Doghouse said...

    I'm saving my allowance to get the one with room for the preg belly!

    January 11, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

  4. AM said...

    hahaha! "hella British" ...I never had braces, my ortho put me in a retainer and adjusted it to get my teeth to turn away from evil...worked...

    January 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment