The Infamous Cross Walk

Look people .... Since me getting to my cozy office depends on using the wonder that is a cross walk, I need us to have a little understanding: I know that your big bad car could mow me down at any given moment..... And even my own father personally changed the rule "Pedestrians have the right of way" to "Pedestrians have the right to die!" But seriously....look at the happy blinking mechanical sign-See it? See the little white person walking?

That's supposed to be me!!!!!

ME = Little white person walking!!!!! SO, Let me cross the effin street!!!!!

Sigh.

When I come to this obstacle, I have only been conscious for an hour. These heels are very high, my bag weighs as much as as a grown goat, my coffee is dripping down my wrist, and it is usually pretty windy.... I have a lot going against me already. Don't make me play chicken or frogger or bust a Sandra Bullock/Miss Congeniality on your car, "I'm walkin' here!"

6 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    I turned around one time while halfway in the middle of the street to find a bus bumper touching my leg.

    I looked the driver straight in the eye (he was about two feet from me) and "IT SAYS 'WALK'!!!"

    March 24, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

  2. Jennifer Carter said...

    Do you wave when people honk at you? Or do they honk?

    March 24, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

  3. Priscilla said...

    They do honk...sometimes the honk means, "Hey baby, how YOU doin'?" and sometimes the honk means, "I am late for work too hooker, MOVE!" I do wave on occasion!

    March 24, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

  4. From the Doghouse said...

    And when you wave, how many fingers do you use?

    March 24, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

  5. Jennifer Carter said...

    lol!

    March 25, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

  6. Webmaster said...

    The worst is when the police park in the cross walk and you have to walk out into traffic to get across the street. If you or I parked in the cross walk, we'd get ticketed. But since it's a cop car, hey, who cares?

    Jerks.

    March 31, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment