The part you are missing is in bold!

I do not claim to be a walking dictionary (though my mother oddly is). However, I do have an expanded vocabulary, with a golden rule: I do not use words that I do not know the meaning of! Because, well......that would just be ignorant!

The following is not a big word, it is used rather often in situations of any conflict....but lately I have noticed that this particular word is repeated by those that honestly just want their way and do not actually want to follow through with the entire definition....

com·pro·mise ( n. )
1. a. A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.
b. The result of such a settlement.
2. Something that combines qualities or elements of different things.

8 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    I'm still wondering why people don't like the letter D anymore.

    Suppose to.

    Use to.

    Sigh.

    March 5, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

  2. Priscilla said...

    You, typical doghouse, make me laugh!

    March 6, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

  3. Jennifer Carter said...

    ROTFLMAO!

    March 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

  4. Jennifer Carter said... This comment has been removed by the author.

    March 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

  5. Jennifer Carter said...

    BTW, I LOVE the letter D!

    March 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

  6. Priscilla said...

    Me too! ...and little cuties that we refer to as "D!"

    March 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

  7. Anonymous said...

    I know someone that really needs to be sure they know/understand the meaning of the word "compromise." Not saying it's you, Rorie, but I am not going to name names either!

    March 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

  8. Jennifer Carter said...

    Stefanie,

    I am glad that you don't want to name me as the primary suspect, but you need to keep in mind while you are in fact pointing fingers, she was talking about personal compromise and not that involving me or anyone in your family.

    March 20, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment