To trust? Or not to trust? That is the question.

Deciding whether or not to trust a person is like deciding whether or not to climb a tree, because you might get a wonderful view from the highest branch, or you might simply get covered in sap, and for this reason many people choose to spend their time alone and indoors, where it is harder to get a splinter. ~Lemony Snicket

How many different levels of trust are there? If anyone has any insight into these levels- that clarification would be much appreciated......It is apparently not simple enough to say "I trust you," and fully trust that person with every aspect of your life.

Do you trust me enough to tell your dirty secret?
Do you trust me enough to give me your heart?
Do you trust me enough to take care of your child?
Do you trust me enough to drive your car?
Do you trust me enough to let me practice using my tasor on you?
Do you trust me enough to borrow your favorite CD?

It is about trusting enough? Not fully trusting?

We have made everything so complicated these days that there are all of these levels of trust and you never really know if someone truly trusts you until a certain situation comes up and there is hesitation. With that hesitation comes disappointment that you are not trusted.

Then the question arises....is it your fault that you are not trusted or their fault for not trusting?

In my self described "open book with illegible pages" life, I can say this much: If I tell you I trust you, I trust you. If I would not trust you with my life then why did I ever let you into it?

4 Rants:

  1. Supermom said...

    yes to everything but the taser =)

    March 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

  2. Priscilla said...

    I would never even think it Supermom! Only on big burley firefighters!

    March 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

  3. From the Doghouse said...

    I think there are levels of trust, just like there are levels of friendship.

    March 5, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

  4. Jennifer Carter said...

    Can I take the pics while you use the taser?

    March 7, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment