Spelling Bee

It's a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word. ~Andrew Jackson

Everyday is a spelling bee for me! I honestly thank God hourly for spellcheck. This is not a tool I take for granted.....

I have already discussed that my mother, with her masters in Reading Education, is a walking dictionary. Shamelessly, I can not spell worth a flip. It is this huge block I have. I have been praised for my intellect in all other areas. Soooooooo. How can a seemingly smart person not be able to communicate correctly via written material? Gotta love Google (which is "idiot speller" friendly!)......I found this article:

Post Magazine: Why Stevie Can't Spell
Steve Hendrix
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, February 22, 2005; 2:00 PM
Steve Hendrix is a voracious reader and a graceful writer. But for more than two decades as a professional journalist he has been mangling words. He's a travel writer who can't spell "itinerary," for heaven's sake. So he set out to find out why that might be. One thing he discovered is that bad spellers may be born, not made.

Continued,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34940-2005Feb18.html

0 Rants:

Post a Comment