Test of Time

There is a wonderful line to a song from the musical Avenue Q, "There's a fine, fine line between love and a waste of time."

I have some great friendships that I value more than I probably say. These are friends I truly love and carry a deep adoration for. They are people I do not have to talk to on a daily basis and do not know every single detail of their daily lives. But when we are around each other we pick right back up as if we had seen each other just earlier that day.

Then there are those people you are constantly around and the more you are around them, the less you want to be. "Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you're really strangers." ~Mary Tyler Moore

4 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    Reminds me of a girl I knew who was determined we were gonna hook up. Problem was, the more time I spent with her, the more I knew I didn't want to hook up with her.

    March 11, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

  2. Jennifer Carter said...

    Sounds to me like you may have been leading her on???????????????????

    March 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

  3. Supermom said...

    here's hoping I'm a friend not a time waster!

    March 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

  4. Priscilla said...

    Supermom, you know you are forever in Rorie's heart!

    March 13, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment