Holly Golightly

Holly Golightly, in Breakfast at Tiffany's, is one of my all-time favorite characters. Her innocent seductiveness and tragic confidence amaze me. Some of the best lines are spoken from this "happy to be misunderstood" party girl's mouth:


"Oh, golly gee damn!"


"I'll tell you one thing, Fred, darling... I'd marry you for your money in a minute. Would you marry me for my money?.....I guess it's pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh?"


"Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?"


"I'm always top banana in the shock department!"

"I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead."


"Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot."

"If I had her money, I'd be richer than she is."

2 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    Guess I don't have to ask about your favorite movie!

    May 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

  2. at the bus stop.... said...

    Goodbye, goodbye, and goodbye. Gone missing already, nostagia remains. Will someone pleas show me the way to the door.

    May 12, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment