"Flick my Bic"

What are friends good for in times of need?

Making your life a little easier.....!

When my dearest darling daily lunch date is in need of nicotine and can not find a lighter, I feel distress from her distress....with the goal of making life a little easier, I bought ten Bic lighters and have them placed in random compartments throughout my vehicle. One is always within reach and all is well in the world.

My co-workers are always looking out for me as the baby of the group and I am truly blessed to have such great people around me daily. They laugh at me as I sashay in every morning with my twelve gallon bag, fumbling around, digging for my keys and pulling out the outlandish objects I carry with me. So one caring co-worker took it upon herself to make my mornings much smoother. An extra key was ordered and placed in a secret location that I pass on the way to my door. I simply grab the key and unlock. The easiest part of my day! The kicker is putting the key back in the same secret place for the next morning!

My dear friend has an early meeting and is dragging in to work, I have a cup of coffee waiting on her desk. I have a late meeting and a looooooong day, she has my glass of wine on the counter when I get to her house. Its just all about knowing each others needs and going that little extra way to help each other out.

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ~Arnold Glasow

2 Rants:

  1. at the bus stop.... said...

    You deserve that glass of wine, especially considering the tallent it takes to carry a bag the size of your sorso without toppling head over twentytwo inch heels.

    May 20, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

  2. From the Doghouse said...

    That really rocks!

    May 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment