3:20 am

My ring tone for the majority of my friends is "I wear my sunglasses at night." Well at 3:20 am this morning Corey Hart started singing this to me and I was actually aware enough to answer the phone.

"Hello."

"Oh wow, you answered the phone. I'm sorry Jess I was just going to talk to your voicemail. Are you asleep?"

"Well yeah babe, its like 4:00 in the morning. But if you would honestly prefer my voicemail, we can hang up and you talk to it?!"

"No, I am just surprised you answered. Don't be mad I called. I have just had a really bad day and I wanted to see if we could go to lunch tomorrow, I just really need to talk."

This was my best guy friend in the world. We have been best friends for going on seven years, he introduces me to everyone as his sister, and there he was scared I was going to be pissed that he called me just to ask if we could talk soon. But knowing that I can be a bit cold when I first wake up didn't stop him from calling and I am glad. I want to be the friend/big sister that you can call at 3:20 in the morning. I want my friends to know I can be available. I had told him this plenty of times before, and he knew I would always be his DD if he EVER needed me. But I am glad he knew I was there for more than a late night ride, that I am up for being a late night shoulder too.....

2 Rants:

  1. From the Doghouse said...

    That's cool. Hope things go well.

    June 9, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

  2. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    Wish I had friends like this.

    Doghouse never answers when I call at 3:20 PM, much less AM.

    June 10, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment