The parking lot you may refer to as I-55, I call home

Yes, I was once again parked on I-55 for almost a half hour this morning.... a routine I have become well accustomed to. Since I sit there so much, I feel like the interstate is like a second home, and I use it as such..... I bring my breakfast, have a little snack at my make-shift dinning room table/middle console while I am waiting. I bring my make-up and deodorant: the combination of my review mirror and dashboard become like a little bathroom counter, it's great!








Do not judge, I am making good use of this endless downtime...
But, being so comfortable with myself, I often forget I am not in the privacy of my own home. So, today I was adjusting all the goods, finishing my eyeliner, and making my pouty face in the mirror during a final look over. Then, I realized I have been sitting next to a huge truck full of construction workers quite entertained by my show and seeming lack of awareness. At that point I half smiled, shrugged my shoulders, waved my mascara wand at them and moved up the foot and a half I could so we were not directly parallel anymore.... oh well, at least by 8:30 when I finally got to work I was all put together!

5 Rants:

  1. Miss Mud Puddle said...

    Should have been stuck where I was...

    a Game Warden rear-ended a little red car, and there were at least 10 other Critter Cops who ran to his aid and were blocking two lanes of traffic in this minor fender bender!

    June 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

  2. Buckaroo Banzai said...

    Critter Cops?

    And Rorie, I'd appreciate you not posting my photo here without my permission. :)

    June 24, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

  3. black betty said...

    LOL!

    June 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM  

  4. Priscilla said...

    Ha critter cops, huh? That has a nice little ring to it!

    Don't take offense to the name Earp, take it as a term of endearment for your profession from us southern folk!

    As for the picture, you are lucky that I did not put the one of you in the french maid outfit on here....I'm just sayin' is all....

    June 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

  5. Buckaroo Banzai said...

    Rorie - Luckily, I have the legs for it. :)

    June 25, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment