"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one."

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. ~Leo J. Burke

I will be the first to admit I am not ready to have a baby. I am too selfish and needy when it comes to my sleep. I slept in this morning until close to noon. Apparently this happens NEVER AGAIN when you have a little one. With kids it is usually "Sun is up- get up!"

Being the irresponsible puppy parent that I am, I just lift up the covers and say "Go night-night" if my puppies wake up and get restless. I am very aware this tactic is not acceptable with a child. You have to be immediately attentive to your baby. I salute the Energizer-bunny-moms I know! I have so far to come...Is this natural second wind something that just happens when you become a mother?

3 Rants:

  1. BB said...

    there were never truer words spoken...and you NEVER sleep the same again once you have a bambino...NEVER EVER!!!! :P

    October 1, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

  2. Webmaster said...

    Excellent quote. Lots and lots of things change with motherhood, and sleep is but one thing you sacrifice.

    October 4, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

  3. From the Doghouse said...

    One of my favorite comedian lines: Last night I slept like a baby. I woke up crying every two hours then peed on myself.

    October 23, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment